Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to life, or is it life after nursing school

So from the looks of things, it has been just over 2 years since I have wrote. Nursing school has a way of taking over your life. I am VERY happy to say I am done(for the time being). I graduated in May. My parents flew out from Oregon and surprised me the day of my final which also happened to be the day of my nursing school pining. They had actually been in town for a few days and were trying to avoid seeing me. They truly surprised me and all 4 of my kids. It was a WONDERFUL visit. I then began preparing to move. Yes you heard me right, move. And we are not talking a down the street, or across town move we are talking to a whole new state. Fortunately for us, it was a corporate move, so we had a moving company doing all the packing and lifting. That doesn't explain why I have bruises all over my arms and legs though. Also, I still can't find my toaster and various other items and it took me almost 2 weeks to find my bras and pajamas that while labeled right were in the living room not the master bedroom. LAZY movers! We have been here 2 weeks and I have only really unpacked the basics so I can get around the house, cook and dress. The kids have unpacked all of their stuff, except for a box or two that must be labeled wrong, or in the wrong room. We had one box labeled dining room glass that was actually ALL books from the living room. Again I say LAZY movers. Why have I not done more in two weeks do you ask? Well it is pretty simple. I needed to study for my boards. Those pesky little test that are required to license you. Like most tests I probably over studied, and freaked out a bunch. I took it today. The minimum number of questions you can get is 75, the maximum is 265. No matter how many questions you can get in the range you can pass or fail. The test has a maximum time of 6 hours, and they suggest about 1 min per question. I took the test in 75 questions and 1 hour and 15 mins. IT WAS HARD!!! I won't find out officially until tomorrow if I passed or not, but I tried the Pearson Vue trick and it won't let me re register. This is a good sign. Now I need to unpack, find a job, and begin my life after nursing school. Which I hope has more knitting and other stuff! BTW if you want to know which of the major companies moved us, message me and I will share my experience with you.-M

No comments: