Saturday, January 19, 2008

So this is what I get for growning up in Eugene!?!
Your Political Profile:

Overall: 60% Conservative, 40% Liberal

Social Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

Ethics: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal


Honestly what does this mean? It would seem that Obama would fit the fiscal profile I want, but he may just be a tad to liberal for me. My sister believes the only reason he is a viable candidate is because of Oprah. I think the same could be said for Hilary except that she is made viable because of Bill. I have to say I voted for Bill the first time around. But what is that saying, Fool me once.... I don't think I will be fooled by the Clintons again. I also voted for George the first time around, seemed like the best candidate to me. Didn't make that mistake again.

Growing up in Eugene, I tried not to talk politics too much. That is a VERY liberal city, and anything other than left wing politics was not a popluar stance. Most of my friends will vote Democraticly no matter the candidate. I think that is just plain sad.

My sister recently told me a rather amusing story of a time my mother didn't like either candidate and she wrote my fathers name in instead. Now mind you, my parents do not share the same political views. My mom is liberal, my father conservative. My sister ask my mother how she would have been able to live with herself if he had won. Now I know this is an impossiblity, but it would have been so funny if she would have had to dealt with it.

Thats all I have folks, if you have some suggestions to help me choose a candidate, I welcome them. TTFN, Miki

No comments: