Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year, new knitting

Has it really been since Septmeber that I last wrote? This blog thing is easy for me to forget. I resolve to try and write at least once a week. I would love to have a blog that people read, and comment on. Not much has changed here in Virgina. We have seen some sites, and had a great Christmas. My sister had a baby 2 days after Christmas, so my knitting has been all about her lately. First I knit, and still need to seam, a pair of ruby red slippers. I got the patern from a great blog titled just let me finish this row. I can not remember the designers name, but when I add the picture, I will make sure to include it. The booties knit up fast, in Lion Brand glitterspun. They are sooo cute. Last night I began a pair of felted booties out of Lambs pride, in Sapphire and Fuschia. The fuschia is the accent color at the top. I have one done, but not seamed, and the other left to start. Hopefully I will get those doen today. I also knit a hat and felted it for another niece. This time I used Cascade 220, in purple. Not sure what the color name is specifically. I am also working on another felt hat that I kinda wanted done before Christmas, but it will be ready for next year. It is red, with a white and sparkly fun fur(festive fur) brim. It is sorta in a Santa tradition, and I think it will turn out cute. I also knit a great scarf for a friend. She loves skulls and knitty.com had a great skull scarf pattern in their fall 05 catalog. It is called Yorick and knit up fast and felted often. I used the yarn called for in the pattern and it was soooo soft and was such a joy to knit. It also fetled up great. She loved the scarf and I think it will be one she wears often.

Other than knitting, which I apparantly have been doing lots of since september, I have been trying to finish the cross stitch stockings for my family that I started about 5 years ago. I tendonitis had got to bad to work on them, but since I started knitting by hand it has gotten better. I didnt get them done for this year, but they will be hanging from the mantel next year. I also am almost done with some cross stitch placemats that I started for my sister in law. They were to be her Birthday present 2 years ago. I wonder if she still remembers I told her I would make them? Well I got 3 of the 4 done, and then couldnt find the 4th placemat, so I moved on to stockings. As soon as I finish knitting for the new baby, I will finish the 4th that I found while digging through my craft stuff. They are cute, with sunflowers up the side. I am glad that my wrists allow me to stitch again, I really missed it. Well that is about all that is going on now. I am heading back to Oregon to see my new niece in a few weeks so I'd better get knitting. TTFN, Miki

No comments: