Friday, July 28, 2006

Brielle's blanket, my quickly growing puppy and a finger update




Well, I know it has been awhile since I've written. It is just that I have been furiously working on Jacquelyn's stocking. I really should take a picture so you can see the progress. Oh well. I did finally finish Brielle's blanket. I like the knitting, but to do the worm trim on the edge, and to work in all the loose ends is NO FUN! I know it is a necessary part of knitting, but I really dislike the finish work. I do have to say that I put it off a little as when Brielle was only a few weeks old she was hospitalized when she began vomiting blood. I did not want to finish the blanket and send it until we knew all was well. As far as I have been told she is fine. They have diagnosed her with an anal sphincter problem, and also with acid reflux. Apparently with "training" for the sphincter and medicine for the reflux, she should be fine. Why is it that I am hearing of lots of babies with acid reflux lately? My son as a baby spit up tons after every feeding. In fact it was pretty much non stop from feeding to feeding. All of his clothes were stained, and we had to warn everyone who held him to beware of spit. The doctor told me that as long as he was gaining weight it wasn't a problem. It makes me wonder if his diagnosis would be different now.

So anyhow, I have uploaded a picture of the blanket. It is pretty basically the pattern I do for most baby blankets. It is knit with Caron Simply Soft, in Iris, Orchid, and Grey Heather. The lavender color of the Orchid only shows up well on one of the squares in the picture.

I have also added a picture of the puppy. Duke is growing lots. We knew he was getting bigger, but when we took another picture by the basketball we were surprised at how much bigger he has gotten.

Lastly I have added a picture of my now mostly healed finger. Many people have sent me good wishes regarding it and I greatly appreciate it. I wanted to post a picture soon after the injury, but thought it might gross out to many people. Instead I waited and have drawn around where it was cut with a pen. There is still a nice dent in the finger that I imagine we be there for awhile if not forever. Also, there is a small knot of scar tissue right at the knuckle that seems to be attached to the nerve. I only know this because I have accidentally hit it a few times and thought I might die. I have also scraped it on the fly nut on the bottom of the cross stitch frame and thought I had cut it open again. Oww!

On a fun note. We took our kids for another concert at Innsbrook Pavilion. This last week we saw Train. This is a band we like and the kids are familiar with them. What a great concert!! They were terrific and we all had a great time. If you live in the Richmond area and have not been to a concert there I highly recommend it. They have a variety of different bands, and the prices are reasonable. Plus kids 12 and under are free. That in and of itself makes it worth it to us. We have seen Hootie and the Blowfish, and Blues Traveler there this year. Lots of fun in the outdoors in Virginia! TTFN, Miki

Oops! It won't let me add the dogs picture. I will try again later.

No comments: