Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When schools fail what can you do?

Yesterday while reading one of my favorite (who am I kidding, it is my favorite)blogs I read a comment from another reader that mentioned a HORRIFIC event in a school in Florida. If you have not hear of this, as I hadn't, a teacher encouraged her students to tell another child what they didn't like about him, and then they voted him out of the class. Horrible on all accounts, but this child is also in the process of being diagnosed with Aspergers. School should be a safe place for a child. Why is it that these actions were not reprimanded? Why is it that we live in a society were this is considered acceptable. I am outraged! Today Sue, my favorite blogger, wrote a lovely post about this. I encourage you to check it out. TTFN, Miki

No comments: